Monday, January 16, 2012

a perfect view

I love watching the sun set. It is always so beautiful. Sometimes, it is a simple beauty with subtle purples and blues slowly fading into each other. Others, it is a dramatic beauty, with bold reds and pinks crashing off perfectly scattered clouds. It is never disappointing. I can remember many times throughout my life wishing I had somewhere to watch the sun set.

My home sits slightly elevated, on a small hill. My kitchen window looks directly upon the western horizon. Every evening, I have a perfect location to watch the sun set: standing before my kitchen sink. As I stand with scrub brush in hand, scouring away the evidence of our full bellies, I am able to look upon God's creative glory with awe.

My home is humble, but I have a perfect view.

No comments:

Post a Comment